Social Work Services empowers CMCC clients by supporting
their life choices starting with the initial telephone request for treatment.
Our Social Worker and Social Work Interns welcome and introduce new
clients with a tour of the Clinic, document a clients medical
history and overall condition through a comprehensive in-person interview,
and thoroughly explain all available CMCC programs and services.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director and in conjunction
with the Clinic Coordinator, Social Work Services continually works
with clients assessing their state of well-being, adjusting their
CMCC treatment programs, and ensuring their overall comfort and care.
Clients are offered the following services:
- Supportive counseling with CMCC Social Worker (who is a cancer
- Follow-up telephone calls (to maintain contact and continually
assess a clients condition)
- Connections to community based services
- Referrals to a variety of professional services (psychotherapy,
- Information on low-cost or free resources for housing, food, support
groups, and community events